Since I’ve been finding myself particularly unmotivated to write anything, I present a list.
Things that have been awesome in my life:
- MSA East Zone conference. Interpreting, captioning, LOLZ. Best experience in recent memory, hands down. The Insanist and I getting hit on by some random dudes who pulled up next to us on the way to Al-Farooq masjid. Well, that part was weird, but The Insanist announcing loudly out the window, “I’m engaged!” just cracked me up.
- This weather. I love spring. So, so much. HAI SPRING HAI.
- The anticipation of summer classes. Can’t wait, so ek-sy-ted. One of my books is called, “Mightier Than the Sword.” How cool is that?
- Changing my major to something I actually like, instead of something I thought would be easy/do-able/noble. The bs classes, it was just too much. A little secret that I learned while working at a homeless shelter: you don’t actually need a SW degree to be a social worker. Yay for reality checks.
Things that have been less than awesome:
- Allergies. I feel like I’m blowing bits of my brain out of my nostrils, trufax. I’ve been drinking herbal tea with local honey out of mugs as big as my head. Seems to be helping. I have yet to resort to medication, but I might give in if this doesn’t let up. I’ve never had allergies, so I can finally sympathize with those who do. It’s like you feel sick as anything, but because everyone else is going through it, or it doesn’t really count, or because it just never goes away, you gotta continue about like you’re fine. *sniffle*
- Lack of motivation to work out. Even just going for a walk is a big deal right now for me. I can feel the energy building up, and I know I will return back to working out…but right now just ain’t feeling it.
- General spiritual malaise. I felt great after East Zone for about a week. Then I realized, although the lectures were amazing and motivating at the time, I couldn’t really remember what had actually been discussed. I didn’t get to take as many notes because I was interpreting, but still. It’s funny how that works.